The Nebraska State Bar Foundation sponsors the Nebraska High School Mock Trial Project. High school students portray lawyers
and witnesses in a simulated trial under controlled conditions and with rules of evidence and procedure tailored to provide an even
The goals of Nebraska Mock Trial are:
- To increase student comprehension of the historical, ethical, and philosophical bases of the American system of justice.
- To clarify operation of the law, court procedures, and the legal system.
- To help students develop basic life and leadership skills such as listening, speaking, writing, reading, and analyzing.
- To build bridges of mutual cooperation, respect, and support between the community (students, teachers, parents, and schools) and the legal profession.
- To heighten appreciation for academic studies and promote positive scholastic achievements.
- To bring law to life for students through active participation in the project.
- To encourage participation, and grow to understand the meaning of good citizenship in our democracy through the system of law. ALL STUDENTS WHO
PARTICIPATE ARE WINNERS.